[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meetings Revisited

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Tue Jan 6 12:21:53 UTC 2009

Clint Savage wrote:
> 2009/1/5 Matt McKenzie <lnxknight at gmail.com>:
>
>> I will add one more request to change it.
>> When this was discussed earlier I started a thread, and a number of people
>> replied they would like a different time, but it basically went no-where.
>>
>> So for this time, how many people do we need before we change it?
>>
>> At any rate, I am open to any time except Tuesday nights.  Preference:
>> Wednesday or Thursday nights.
>> I am in PDT.
>>
>> As far as frequency, whatever we need to get things done, I don't mind
>> weekly but perhaps bi-weekly would be better.
>>
>> ----------
>> Matt M.
>> LinuxKnight
>>

> So, I've been thinking about this discussion for some time.  I'm
> heavily invested in Tuesday evenings and changing from that time/date
> would probably cause me to be unable to attend the meetings.  As I am
> seeing, most people seem to be okay with Tuesdays, though I think only
> having two meetings a month would not be a bad idea.  Also, if we had
> one meeting on Tuesday late and and another one some other day and
> earler in the day, it might just work.  Who knows.
>
> I want to argue one other thing, and it might sound a little snide,
> but it is not intended that way.  My opinion is that while we want
> more participation in meetings and the like, changing the date isn't
> necessarily going to make that better.  The people who dedicate
> themselves to attending a meeting, or reschedule their lives around
> the meeting are the ones we want to attend.  They will be ones doing
> the work and committing themselves to the opportunities.    We should
> at least be willing to recognize that the progress we've made over the
> last 6 months has been quite incredible.  What I like about this
> accomplishment is that we all committed to doing the work, it didn't
> matter when or how, it just got done.  That's what is important.
>
> Just my $.0233333...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint

+1

Those who really want to make this a priority and have the time to do so
will schedule around this to participate, and Clint has done a fabulous
job this past year (with the participation of a core of others), which
is a testament to their dedication to Fedora.  I think many of us in
FAmNA can probably rearrange a Tuesday night now and again to
participate as we are able.

   Best,

  - pascal