[Ambassadors] FOSDEM attendees README

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 12:43:04 UTC 2009

Hi all,

We have a tremendous number of Fedora contributors who are attending
FOSDEM -- over 30.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/FOSDEM/FOSDEM2009

The year that I was at FOSDEM (2007), the booth was of a size that would
accomodate about 5 people at a time.

It will be the responsibility of Frederic to organize who is at the
booth, but obviously we cannot have 30 people all standing around the
booth, or there will be no time to talk to any of the visitors.

I do not expect that everyone will spend exactly the same amount of time
standing behind the booth, but I do expect that people will offer to
spend some time at the booth, and that when they are at the booth, they
will represent Fedora professionally.

The DevRoom has a number of very interesting talks, and I encourage
people to listen to those, and also to wander around and visit other
booths, and listen to other talks that are interesting (like my talk in
the main track!).  Of course, you can also just take your laptop and
work on Fedora stuff in one of the places where there is wifi internet.
So try to do a variety of things during FOSDEM.

Please wear your Fedora Ambassador polo shirts if you have them, and if
you don't, please wear a Fedora tshirt of some sort.  I'm not sure what
Joerg is planning for making a new round of polos, but I will let him
respond with any information that he has.

============

In the evenings, there is no way that we will be able to go to a single
restaurant for dinner.  I will recommend that we split into groups of no
more than 10 people each when it comes time for meals, and I recommend
that people go to dinner with folks who they might not otherwise spend
much time with, so we can all get to know our fellow contributors
better.

Finally, if you are receiving some sort of sponsorship for FOSDEM from
the Community Architecture team, I ask you to look at the event
reporting guidelines on the wiki.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReportingGuidelines

The FOSDEM that I was at in 2007 was a very fun time, and I expect that
this will be another excellent event.  I am looking forward to seeing
you all there.

--Max