[Ambassadors] Fedora UK Community Website

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 22:27:20 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009 23:03:20 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> I don't think so, Jörg.
> There are certain HowTo's that can not be published at fpo due to
> judicial reasons.
> Nevertheless they were written _by_ Fedora users (or
> even by Fedora contributors) _for_ Fedora users. Would you say that this
> is not Fedora? Or all the people in the forums and on IRC who are doing
> a great amount of support. Are they not Fedora?

For me personally not, if they violate our legal and ethical rules!

> As I said before: I agree we should try to move as much content over to
> fpo, but if someone is not willing/able to contribute there or if it's
> not possible to publish content there, there should also be an
> opportunity for these people to BE FEDORA.

I can not follow your argumentation - if a program or any other contribution
is not free or violates the guidelines it can not be in Fedora and can not
named Fedora! Why People like ChitleshGoorah and many others fight to free
Software from Licences to become part of FEL or other Fedora Spins - if i
understand you right, you think, it is ok to violate our guidelines and
distribute them in another way and say it´s just a community thing and we
give it the Fedora Brand nevertheless ?

CU Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688