[Ambassadors] Fedora UK Community Website

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 22:53:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Paul Mellors wrote:

> Comments would be welcome, bearing in mind it's only an idea at this stage.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your willingness to contribute to the Fedora Project.

I share both Gerold's and Joerg's views concerning language barriers.
Personally, I am not in favour of breaking down communities into sub
communities. These type of projects tend to lose focus in the long
term, something I don't like. I believe "We" are Fedora ambassadors to
consolidate the strength of the community

But first let's consider how much effort you are will to add to get
the infrastructure running and will there be someone's who will still
maintain it let's say in 3 years ?

Here I would rather think in terms of "human resources". The number of
time and effort spent to get a new infrastructure for an "English"
speaking community would be better used to improve the existing
"English" speaking communities. There are already a lot of work (in
terms of marketing) to be completed before F-11 Preview release, I
would advise to focus on them. However one thing that is lacking
currently is some native english fedora ambassadors to review F-11
news articles written by non-english native fedora ambassadors. That
would benefit the image of Fedora during the F-11 release.

@Christopher
about non-fedora related posting, I would suggest rpmfusion.org. The
infrastructure is there already !

Kind regards,
Chitlesh