[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.V. 2008 financial report

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 18 17:08:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Max Spevack wrote:
> As the treasurer, I want to bring everyone's attention to the final
> summary of Fedora EMEA e.V.'s 2008 expenses.  It shows the
> organizations's sources of revenue as well as expenses in the calendar
> year.

thank you very much for presenting the details. As I brought up some bigger
discussion around that in December 2008, I'm really very pleased to see so
many details now - and also to see, that we've been successful. I think, we
have reached a lot for the first year.

> http://fedoraemea.org/finances2008.shtml

I don't know, how the hotel at LinuxTag was paid, but if it was handled by
our NPO and not directly by Red Hat, we're lacking that - at least "Events"
seems to be very cheap to me then.

When seeing the credits of membership fees, I'm a bit confused: I think, we
have more than 10 members, but the total income of the NPO is below. There
are surely a few ones which get the reduced membership fee (e.g. by being a
student or similar), but anyway I think, one or another still has forgotten
to pay the yearly membership fee for 2008. So, Max will maybe agree with my
assumption, but this must not exposed into public!

As FOSDEM in February 2009 is the next event, I'm trying hereby to REMEMBER
YOU ALL as member of Fedora EMEA e.V. to pay the current membership fee to
our treasurer - and, if you have not already paid for 2008 yet, you might
want to do that as well.

Note: I don't want to blame anybody here - really just a remembering to all
of us, as yearly recurrences are more hard to keep in mind.

Greetings,
  Robert