[Ambassadors] Thoughts Regarding Campus Ambassador Program

Alejandro Acosta aacosta at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 21 19:48:02 UTC 2009

I believe this is a great project and it is very important to start it as
soon as possible since we have a lot of potential and talented people in
university willing to participate.

I've had some opportunities to work with this young people and I've
witnessed some local projects been achieved. In the University of Chihuahua
(my hometown) there is already an Open Source University Meetup [1] lead by
a Sun Campus Ambassador.  This doesn't mean that the field is already taken
but it just mean to express how good the chances to succed are.

I think is important to have -provide- a more social-driven tool to interact
since the target audience in Universities is a little more diversified thus
complex. The link provided may serve as a good example or maybe something
like this[2]

It doesn't look clear to me what will be the interaction/relation with local
ambassadors (where exist) and if it should be expressed in the "What is
required of Campus Ambassadors?" part.

Just one last thought, perhaps we should find a way to enforce the part of
what do they get just in case someone is expecting this is a regular (paid)
job. The Sun CA's get paid, but that's another ballgame.  Just an idea, I
don't really think of something better at this moment.

Hope this could help

Greetings

Alejandro Acosta
Fedora Ambassador / Chihuahua, MX