[Ambassadors] Thoughts Regarding Campus Ambassador Program

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:07:33 UTC 2009

As a point of clarification -- and I don't see it on the wiki (and I may
have missed it or it may not need to be there) -- I am assuming that those
who are already ambassadors who are not college students/faculty and who
live in college towns -- for example, yours truly in Santa Cruz, or David
Nalley in Clemson (not that I'm volunteering him, heh heh) -- can serve as
campus ambassadors if they fulfill the obligations outlined on the wiki.
True?

The reason I ask is that I'm not attending school in the spring (long story,
due partially to my FOSS/Fedora activities), but I can easily serve as a
campus ambassador at the college I attended (and at which I formed a LUG a
couple of years ago), at least until a student/faculty member shows a
willingness to take the reins.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Feel free to throw it out if it's
been asked and answered.

Larry Cafiero