[Ambassadors] Using Social network/tools to promote events

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Sun Jul 5 07:42:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your points are good ones, Francesco.  I'd like to suggest that this
> work be done n coordination with the Marketing team.  Further, I'd
> like to suggest that as much as possible we try to use existing
> networks, groups, and channels that have large numbers of subscribers
> already, if the event listings target the whole Fedora Project.

Sure, get in touch with mktg team is an absolutely "to-do" thing
towards the investigation of the possibilities.

Sure, that's why I suggested this proposal, because I feel some blank
spaces in our public spaces, and I ask myself why  not to use for
Events (one of the most natural activity in the project). I was
talking about the actual Fedora Page and Group in facebook and about
the Twitter channel (btw, the suggestion of a new #channel, was just
made to not overwhelm an official announcement channel with dozen and
dozen of events).

> I think the Ambassadors do a spectacular job of this already, and we
> should try our best to make the same thing happen in social networks
> that Ambassadors already do "IRL" (in real life).

Sure! We will follow this suggestion, along with all the points pointed above.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini