[Ambassadors] Vertical banners

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:31:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:42:20PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> I have to say I'm not really sold on this vertical split idea. This
>> makes the banners only useful at events where we have enough floor
>> space for the pair, which I'm afraid would rule out a lot of our
>> events. What do you think about putting the full cloverleaf on both of
>> them so they would be useful individually at smaller events that would
>> only accommodate a single banner of this type?
>
> I have no problem with that, but I was under the impression that the
> design criteria of a split cloverleaf had been decided by some
> consensus among NA Ambassadors.  Is that not the case?

FAmNA approved and allocated budget to have three large vertical
banners produced, one for each existing event box. Clint, as the
person making them happen, produced a great design for those. When
Clint stepped back and asked someone else to take over this it was
discovered that they would not fit into the event boxes as planned.
That combined with seeing the lovely EMEA 5 banner design we took the
opportunity to think about doing something else.

Ultimately it is the decision of the people making them happen. As a
group we really only make a consensus that (a) we want retractable
banners for events and (b) we have $X to spend on them. The details
are in the hands of those getting the work done. Everything beyond
that, and my comments here after seeing the split design, are just
feedback, nothing more.

Here is a link to Clint's original design for comparison.

http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/art/fedora_four_fs_vertical_banner_330x800.png

John