[Ambassadors] Fedora Branded Tents

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:04:49 UTC 2009

Hey List (again),

For those of you who like camping or just spending time outside, i'm
looking into doing Fedora branded tents.  Since custom work like this
can be done better in bulk or bulkish, i'm curious to see if anyone
else has an interest in this. There are a number of regular outdoor
events in the summer in Europe, so i think that having at least one
high quality tent would be a good idea.  If other people want to get
in on the out door action or just like having Fedora branded schwag we
might have a bit of a market for this.

Here's what i'm looking to do.

Firstly, we need a decent sized party tent.  Our estimates for HAR are
about 20 m2 total space, which we can achieve with either two square
or one rectangle tents.  I'm looking for white ones so we can put the
Fedora logo on the top, but since Dutch summers are rainy, the top
will probably be covered up by a tarp. I'm also thinking of getting a
wall to wrap around the tent with the Fedora logo on it, and if we
just get a logo on that, any generic white tent may do for us.  With
the tarp on, the wall will be more visible anyways.

The second thing is a bit more pie in the sky. I would like to get a
Fedora branded camping tent to pimp around when i go camping.  I know
several other Fedora Contributors are happy campers too, so i'm pretty
sure we could figure out something. A brief search online ago i found
some places that only do these sorts of things in mass bulk (1000+).
If i can find something with far less quantity (maybe 10-100 max),
would there be interest in buying Fedora branded tents or in general,
basically at cost + shipping, which would hopefully not be more than
100 USD or EUR?

(I will also keep my eyes open for quantities <10 so if you really
wanted that Fedora camping tent, i may have something available
anyways.)

Any Comments?

-Yaakov