[Ambassadors] EMEA Event Box

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:03:09 UTC 2009

2009/6/15 Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> Am Montag 15 Juni 2009 11:55:17 schrieb Yaakov Nemoy:
>> After some discussion, Alex C. and i would like to put together the
>> first EMEA Event Box. I've talked to Max and he's OKed it from a
>> budget and shipping perspective. If there is another one in the works,
>> it may not be a bad thing to have two floating around in any case.
>> And we'll probably go through the list of odds and ends that are on
>> the wiki for the other two event boxes, things such as pens, banners,
>> hooks, etc...
>>
>> Any comments?
>
> We have a lot of this material you have suggested, but the very high cross-
> border shipping costs stopped us from put this in a Shipping Container.
> read about our first attempt here:
> http://jsimon.fedorapeople.org/FAD3.pdfpage 25-27
>
> The best way to set it up seems the wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EventBox
>

> Thanks Yaakov to start this again - but i am sceptical as long as we have no
> partner for shipping this box around europe. Maybe this should be clarified
> first.

The slides seem to ask the same question i posed to Max last week.

I suppose the question is then, are there still high shipping tarifs
between EU and/or European nations?  Ideally it would be nice to have
this Event Box available for all of EMEA, but if we can only manage EU
for now, that will have to do.  The second question is, like Max said,
who wants to handle the paperwork, Fedora EMEA or Red Hat.  Either
way, the NA ambassadors have it mostly taken care of via Max.

FWIW, my two cents are on having Fedora EMEA handle the banking side
of shipping. I will bring this up at the next meeting.

-Yaakov