[Ambassadors] Need Help

sankarshan sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:03:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM, susmit
shannigrahi<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Zaid Chauhan<zaid at zaidnet.co.cc> wrote:
>> I send Two email since 23rd but Sankarshan not reply any of my email
>> My Activities are on hold due to funds,
>

> He will answer as soon as he is free. I have had a chat with him regarding this.
> Please give others some time to respond before sending mails to the list accu.

Susmit, thanks for filling in here. I owe you one.

Zaid, I have your mail in the inbox, yesterday was just too
distracting to compose an appropriate response. Susmit has provided a
complete response, I'd just be adding a few bits.

>> In My previous activities I spent my own money but i don't have money to
>> support larger Events like ,
>
> Thank you for your activities.  However, it will be nice to have a
> brief summary of what you have done, as I don't remember any event
> report from you to the list (may be I have overlooked).

So, here's what I did this morning - I checked up Fedora Ambassadors
and, Fedora India mailing list to try and read up on what activities
you have been involved in and, your reports about the success from
them along with any learning that you'd have shared with your peer
group and the Fedora folks at large. I haven't come across one. It
could be that I haven't searched enough, so, I'd like to know more
about what you have been up to (please do not use this mailing address
to direct replies to me off list, I do not read mails directly
addressed to me on this one).

>> Workshop in other colleges & Science schools, Workshop on city level,
>> Produce Monthly Newsletter , Distributing Flyres , Distributing Fedora Dvds

In addition to what Susmit writes below, the aspect that I find a
trifle odd is that I do not have a request about the line item cost.
For example, anything that says "I need funds" (which by the way, also
extends to the $subject, it could perhaps have been a bit more
explanatory) without a proper plan as to the why-where-when-how_much,
is a bit off.

As an example of why I generally hesitate to immediately allocate
funds to an event, do please read up
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-india/2009-May/msg00141.html>

The Monthly (in the initial mail it was Weekly) Newsletter does
require a bit of coordination with Fedora Marketing as well. Have you
initiated discussions with them ?

> The money can not be allocated prior to the activities.
> Once you have organised something after letting the list know and
> updating the event page, we can reimburse you.
>
> Please update the details of workshops to the fedora event page.

I'd also like to read and learn from you about what you consider your
success bits in the past months and, what your plans are continuing
forward with them.

> There will be no money for distributing DVDs as such as freemedia is a
> purely voluntary program. if you organise some event, you will be sent
> DVDs. No issue.
>
> For distributing flyers, to whom you are trying to distribute without an event?
>
> But first of all,  please let us know your plan details. If you are
> planning an event, you are welcome, but you have to update the event
> page first before any monetary discussion takes place.

~sankarshan