[Ambassadors] refreshing CDs/DVDs in EMEA?

Alexjan Carraturo axjslack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:59:52 UTC 2009

2009/9/2 joerg  simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:

>> In Italy, for italian Software Freedom Day (19th sept.), we need media
>> too. It's possible to have?
>
> in this case i would say internet access in italy is easier to get as
> in kyrgyzstan and the media are may better invested there ?
> cu Joerg

This is a bit more complex. Canonical is that RedHat / Fedora are
sponsors of the event SFD. The difference is that Canonical sent us
lots of CDs, stickers and more. Fedora anything.

Our group (FSUGitalia), everything is based on self-financing, and
many already spend our money to organize the event itself. For this
reason there is no money to print even the CD fedora. Moreover, even
as an image, the CD would certainly not manually burned the same image
than give these Ubuntu. I asked if it is possible to have media /
gadgets Fedora did not want to distribute only canonical material. If
there are, we will be forced to give only the ubuntu cd.

Do you understand why we need it?