[Ambassadors] UTOSC 2009

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:45:19 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have been meaning to make this announcement here on the Ambassadors
list about UTOSC 2009 being held in Salt Lake City October 8-10.  It
looks like it is shaping up to be a bang-up year with over 50
presentations throughout the three-day event.  We're including Ian
Weller and Fedora's Project Leader Paul Frields in our presentation
schedule.  We're very excited to have them come out and talk to the
eager crowds in Utah and the Mountain West.

If you happen to be in the area and want to enjoy a nice fall weekend
in Utah, come on down. The leaves will be changing about then, the
weather will be nice and cool, and the activities should be lots of
fun.Here's some of the activities we have planned in addition to the
presentations:

* Fedora Activity Day, Thursday, October 8 all day.
* Ignite Salt Lake 3.5, Thursday, October 8 @ 7pm
* Geek Dinner on Friday, October 9 at Spaghetti Mama's
* Family Day on Saturday, October 10 Bring your family to the
conference for family friendly presentations
* Try-It Lab and Workshops throughout the conference

In addition, we're working on a presentation from the Open Document
Format Alliance and a Day of Linux Training on Thursday from Guru
Labs.

I hope many of you can make it if you are in the region. We have tons
of information available at our website http://2009.utosc.com,
including lodging, events and more.

Fedorans who volunteer their time at the booth can sign up on the
Fedora wiki and will get in for free.  We have given a few free passes
to Larry Cafiero (lcafiero in #fedora-ambassadors) for those of you
willing to spend a little time talking about Fedora to a bunch of
geeks in Salt Lake City and the Mountain West.

To sign up for the booth or the FAD, visit:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTOSC_2009 or e-mail Larry at
lcafiero-at-fedoraproject-dot-org

If you are just interested in coming to the conference, there is a
discount for Fedora contributors which can be used to register for 50%
off. Use the following code at http://attend.utosc.com: FDRA

I appreciate your friendship here at the Fedora Project and look
forward to seeing as many of you as possible in October.

Cheers,

Clint