[Ambassadors] Re: Is it possible for Fedora developers to visit Egypt?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 21:59:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Ahmed El Gamil wrote:

> I think discussing that issue with the rest of the local ambassadors
> in Egypt would have been a much greater idea than starting the
> discussion about that specific point here.
>
> Egypt Ambassadors are the only group who knows Egypt's current
> technology trends, their events planning abilities, what kind of
> financials do we need and what kind of topics can be put in a Fedora
> event agenda and also as Maria mentioned companies/associations who
> can sponsor such an event.
>
> With the high degree of Technical skills acquired by most people
> working on IT-Related fields here in Egypt and also the passion of
> less-technical ones to open source technologies, i guess such an event
> will make a huge buzz here as the other events done before did.
>
> I can definitely help in planning and organizing such an event and
> more than open for more meetings and discussions about the whole
> thing.

One of the things that is very important to me is to have a significant
Fedora event in Egypt sometime in the next 6-9 months.

I'd be curious to know from our Ambassadors in Egypt if there are any
large computer or open source events in Egypt that we can schedule
around.

I'd like to bring a large, multi-day Fedora Activity Day to Egypt, and
have something that we can build on in that part of EMEA year after
year.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD

--Max