[Ambassadors] LinuxCon 2009-09-21

Matt McKenzie linuxknight at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 5 07:12:30 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com>wrote:

> Actually, I just talked to Angela Brown at the Linux Foundation (after
> trading calls and e-mails for the last few weeks) and, where once there was
> no room, something came up today and now we have space.
>
> So, Matt -- it's on, despite my earlier e-mail to the contrary. It looks
> like we'll have a booth. I need to get specifics on the number of
> volunteers, etc., on Tuesday when she returns from the long weekend.
>
> [Matt/Kevin/John and anyone else in Portland -- Matt McKenzie has taken the
> reins on this one and he'll probably need help. I have a SFD event in Felton
> on the same day -- dammit! -- so I won't be going up. The event box will go
> up there, though, and Matt, let's talk about logistics as soon as possible]
>
> Sorry for the delay on this.
>
> Larry Cafiero
>

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, John Poelstra wrote:
>>
>>  I see LinuxCon (hosted in conjunction with the Plumbers Conference) in
>>> Portland, Oregon, listed on the events page.... coming up very soon.
>>>
>>> I don't know anything about the structure of the event so forgive me if
>>> it has already been discussed here..  Will there be a Fedora booth? I might
>>> be interested in helping, but need to do some advanced schedule rearranging
>>> to be there.
>>>

>> Perhaps we can discuss this event at the next FAMNA meeting.
>>
>> --Max

Excellent news on getting this going again.

John, I can definitely use your help.  I would like someone (you or someone
else) to help setup the booth/table on Monday 9/21, I may or may not be able
to make it that day (if I do it won't be for very long), but I will be there
for both Tuesday and Wednesday.  Once we get more logistics info from Larry
we can iron things out a bit more.

If I can't make it on Monday, we need to get the EventBox to whoever can be
there on Monday.  I also have an AmbassadorKit to bring.

I am unable to attend the FAMNA meetings (due to band practice, and we have
a concert coming up next weekend), so hopefully someone can proxy for me
during that.

Thanks!

PS- I re-edited the wiki page for this event(1), after Larry told me we
weren't able to attend I changed it, and now that we are I changed it back.

So, also, anyone who is able to attend and help, please add your name to the
page.

(1) https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxCon_2009

-----
Matt M.