[Ambassadors] fedora twitter account inactive?

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:43:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 06:05:50PM +0800, Yuan Yijun wrote:
> >> You will not believe how easily a twitter account get suspended. They
> >> suspended mine without a reason, and no response to support tickets so
> >> far.
> > How is that relevant?
> >
> >> Since every fedora people has an account on http://identi.ca or
> >> status.net (AGPL) why bother using twitter?
> >>
> > Because it's about marketing. We happen to market to people who aren't
> > yet interested in free software as those who are. We want to get new
> > users and more importantly more ambassadors and contributors. To do
> > that, you need to cover all the angles.
> >

> But aren't we supposed to do everything using only F/LOSS??

I'm a microblogging fan, and moved from Twitter to Identi.ca exclusively a
month or two ago, but I agree that crossposting would be helpful for
marketting reasons.

There are plenty of Fedora users that use Twitter, and I think we shouldn't
stay away from sites like Youtube when making videos to help get the message
to more people.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno