[Ambassadors] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 22 16:57:47 UTC 2009

009/9/22 Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com>:
> Tristan is absolutely right, however this may be more of a case of
> carelessness than anything else (like something malicious, which it could
> be, but let's err on the side of careless). Linkedin has a feature where you
> can add everyone on your mailing list, which in the first place is a bad
> idea but, alas, something some people who should know better consistently
> do.
>
> Needless to say, you don't want to do that because addresses like
> fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com becomes an "invitee."
>
> Assuming this is an honest mistake and not something malicious, thanks
> Tristan for reminding everyone about the list rules, and for those using
> social networking sites, be careful about who you add.

I agree with your thoughts Larry.

We have to make a distinction between Spam/Flame and carelessness: I
know the effect is the same (if no worse, especially if you are
following a lot of lists) but we can't use enforcing policy.

I'm not a Mailing Lists Management expert, maybe we can set up a
filter for these email.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini