[Ambassadors] Just an idea...

Mahmoud Abdul Jawad abduljawad.mahmoud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 13:36:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Neville A. Cross <nacross at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that now this idea has a lot of similarities with fedora tour
> project
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-tour/
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora-tour
>
> As far as I view this topic, the core idea is a way of helping desktop
> user unrelated directly to the project to get important announcements.
> I think it is a valid concern. I also think that may be a good
> component of the fedora-tour or at least fedora tour may be the best
> way of asking the user if they want the annoucements provided by other
> app.
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Neville
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
> Linux User # 473217

in fact, i don't guess that fedora-tour is what we are talking about.
fedora-tour can be evolved to be the notifications system we are talking
about, however, the current aims of fedora-tour are not enough.
using RSS & dbus notifications system is the best shot ever. so, i guess we
should agree on a name & some headlines & start working...

Regards,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad
@meGenius