[Ambassadors] Just an idea...

Mahmoud Abdul Jawad abduljawad.mahmoud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:50:20 UTC 2010

2010/8/5 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick at gmail.com>

> I agree with Mahmoud again... it's better to build a new app, something
> simple and useful to furfill the tasks we're looking for.
> The Fedora-Tour integration doesn't seem too useful, Also, as frankie says,
> I'm in favor of integrate part of the notifier
> (like the basic configuration/activation of it) during installation trough
> anaconda...
>
> I see we have a Wiki!! Awesome! :) Well, I would like to share a name for
> the project:
>
> HERMES, I'll like the notifier to be called Hermes, What do you think?
>
> P.S. So well, how do we start working in this?
>
> --
> <-Manuel Escudero->
> Linux User #509052
> @GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
> @Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
> PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6

i don't care about names a lot, however, i suggest working with the hermes
name, until we agree another one in the latest steps.
so, i created a redirect page with the name hermes & redirected it to
Fedora_notifications_system.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hermes
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_notifications_system
& i putted a note about that in the top of the page.

i guess, this is a solid base to start working now.

---
Regards,,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad
@meGenius