[Ambassadors] What do you think? (was Re: fedoracommunity.org portal design)

Mahmoud Abdul Jawad abduljawad.mahmoud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 19:41:52 UTC 2010

2010/8/17 Alejandro Pérez <aeperezt at hotmail.com>

> Looks good, how ever it look like the America Continent map, is split
> from latin america region that does not look right.
>
> On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 13:23 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:02 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > > Hi Felix!

> page.
> that
> seperate.
> but
> > >
> > > That's a really great idea. I did the continent split bceause I thought
> > > it might be the least-controversial way to do it, but I think splitting
> > > out by ambassador region makes more sense. Although it means the NA
> > > section is going to be *very* sparse, hehe. Splitting by continents,
> > > each section is individually a bit beefier than the Ambassador region
> > > split. But I think the consistency of splitting by Ambassador region is
> > > more valuable so I'll modify the mockup to employ that scheme!
> >
> > Here's some static HTML mockups using the scheme Felix suggested:
> >

> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/fedoracommunity.org/html/16Aug2010/
> >
> > What do you think? Does it work? North America looks a little weird...
> > how do you think it should be handled, or do you think it's fine?
> >
> > Also do you notice any missing countries? India doesn't seem to have a
> > site? :(
> >
> > ~m
> >
> > --

Awesome & creative design -- i liked it.
i would just suggest you to re-think about the top grey menu, i guess the
hover state for the items can be modified a bit little to be more beautiful.
another point is the anchor links. i guess using the fedora logo colour for
the :visited & :active would be better.

--
Regards,,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad