[Ambassadors] Another Idea

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 19 14:47:25 UTC 2010

> Oh, but you misunderstand the situation.
>
> Here, we discuss a PC without internet access. At most, it has performed
> the initial setup of yum cache/metadata ... but that's about it (often
> not the case). Subsequently, it must get its packages from another PC
> that is far away -- running Windoze (and you're not allowed to boot into
> live-USB)! The target PC should be able to list what is needed for a
> successful installation so the Administrator can download them while in
> town.  Something like that.

You could write a python script that would only call the
aforementioned yum command, and then wrap that (and all the needed
Python modules) in a .exe that you can then run on Windows.

http://www.py2exe.org/
http://bitbucket.org/faide/pylunch/overview/

And please, this is definitely not a topic for the ambassadors
mailing-list. It seems it is increasingly becoming the default
mailing-list for people who don't know where to write, and it is
getting annoying.

The Fedora users list would be more suitable to ask where to ask when
you're in doubt, rather than a forum that is specialized in a
completely unrelated matter.

Cheers,

--
Mathieu