[Ambassadors] Urgent Matter

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 30 20:33:56 UTC 2010

Hi Manuel,

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 15:22 -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> I have installed Fedora 13 Goddard x86_64 in my machine and I've
> updated to KDE 4.5, in order to run Skype I installed some 32 bit Qt
> libraries
[...snip...]
> Many users need skype (in my case I'm running it in a Windows 7 VM)
> But without it we can't offer reliable "Videocalls" as they're not
> implemented in IM Clients Linux have.

This is neither « urgent » nor ambassadors related, and would be much
more appropriate on the Fedora users mailing-list:

Also, just for the record, video and audio calls work perfectly in
Empathy with Jabber/XMPP and probably other protocols. Pidgin might
implement this too.

Finally, Ekiga allows you to do PC-to-Phone just fine, and it has for a
few years.

We have a FOSS offering that can compete with the proprietary one, and
as an ambassador you might prefer using and promoting the former rather
than asking for help on the latter. ;)

Cheers,

--
Mathieu