[Ambassadors] Urgent Matter

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:21:26 UTC 2010

El 30 de agosto de 2010 19:03, Alejandro Pérez <aeperezt at hotmail.com>escribió:

> [...]
> > I'm going to give a brief answer here for you:
> >

> > 1) What is about fedora that matters to me?
> >

> > It's care for giving the Linux user the most cutting edge technology
> > is what has made me
> > a faithful follower of Fedora Linux and this same "love for
> > innovation" was what brought me
> > into the Fedora Project world, because I personally quite like
> > innovation, most if we're talking
> > about computer's technology of these days...
> >

> > 2) Why should these users use fedora at all?
> >

> > I think because Fedora is the perfect mix between Technology and
> > choice,
> > it's free, ir's secure, it's elegant and it's capable of about
> > everything because of
> > it's community. If we can get more users involved into the project we
> > can give a
> > better service that other distros and we can have more followers that
> > love fedora,
> > because we have the greatest linux distribution in the world...
> >

> > 3) What about fedora drew me to it and made me want to promote it?
> >

> > My passion for innovation and the will to give the user Top Line
> > software
> > that is usable in their lives, For example, let me tell you an
> > anecdote:
> >

> > Here at México is an organism called IEMS, this organism provides free
> > High School
> > Education for the mexicans and they use linux as their base system...
> > Since years ago,
> > they're using Mandriva for the "General" part and for the music
> > session they used to use Ubuntu Studio.
> >

> > Now, Since months ago, they were having problems with Ubuntu Studio,
> > one software they used to use didn't sound
> > so the students weren't able to take their music class as it was
> > suposed to be. Then in a Linux conference I met a Music teacher
> > of ONE of these schools and called me to solve the problem because no
> > one at that time was able to do it...
> >

> > I had trouble solving their problem, but at the end, my solution was
> > changing Ubuntu Studio for Fedora, wich works great and now,
> > what started in that ONE school, is expanding: From that day, ALL
> > SCHOOLS of the IEMS organism are replacing Ubuntu Studio for
> > Fedora, and the executives and bosses are in talks to standarize ALL
> > computers with only one distribution: Fedora.
> >

> > Is because this stories of success I've lived with this distro I'm
> > gonna continue working for it, I'm going to promote it
> > and also, I'm going to support the final user who wants to use Linux
> > and do not "have a headache", Because Linux is
> > for everyone, but not everyone finds it as easy to use as maybe you or
> > me find it.
> >

> > :)
> >
> > --
> > <-Manuel Escudero->
> > Linux User #509052
> > @GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
> > @Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
> > PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6

Yes, I know the solutions are:

1) Switching to Gnome

2) Stay (or downgrade in the case) to KDE 4.4

3) Wait until skype's give a solution

4) Only use 32 bit systems

I do not ask fedora to stop innovation in pro of propietary software (that's
crazy) But I wanted you to know this because I
wanted to know if there's something we can do to help the user... Anyway,
let the time advances... The future will give us a veredict.

Thank's for your answers...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052