[Ambassadors] Fedora Talk @ ISET'com - 2010-12-08

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 1 16:37:27 UTC 2010

2010/12/1 Zied Fakhfakh <fzied at dottn.com>:
> They want us to talk about the opensource alternatives to their Telco
> studies. Any advice ?

Have you checked out Asterisk?  It's a very powerful open source
telecommunications engine, and according to a recent survey it
currently powers about 16% of new telecomms deployments in North
America.  There are several other open source telecommunications
engines out there as well, but Asterisk is the one I'm most familiar
with.  (By way of disclaimer, I spent the past five years teaching
Asterisk classes and helping to grow the Asterisk community before
becoming the Fedora Project Leader.)

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader