[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 22:53:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Pierros Papadeas <ppapadeas at gmail.com>wrote:

> My also very strong +1 . Personal welcomes through private emails
> seems like the best way to greet someone you feel like greeting :)
>
> We should consider the Joerg's mail as an automated introduction to
> let everyone know that we are happy to have new members.

 What we might consider changing is the first line of the introduction,
which now says:

"Let´s welcome our new sponsored Ambassador Group Member:"

Maybe it should say something like:

"The Fedora Project welcomes our new sponsored Ambassador Group Member:" (or
"Members" if there is more than one)

The reason to consider a change is that starting the e-mail with "Let's
welcome . . ." can be (mis)understood to be an invitation to take action,
like to "welcome our new sponsored Ambassador Group Member" by . . . oh, I
don't know . . . maybe responding on list?

Just a thought.

Larry Cafiero