[Ambassadors] Request for comments : Fedora media distribution process draft

Mustafa Qasim mustu at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 10 06:37:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 17:25 +0500, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> > * As pointed by Marcus we should update the if-else explanation with a
> > simple flow chart diagram.
>
> Yes, I'll look into this when I can squeeze out some time. The rest of
> the page is fairly verbose, so someone who doesn't understand the
> if-else part should still know what the draft intends.
>

> > * The Local (in person & by mail) contact records should be the
> > responsibility of the concerning ambassador team to keep it update and
> > verify before adding. So, people get efficient response and in case of
> > any issue can move to other available person and report any
> > non-responsive provider/volunteer to the concerning ambassador group.
> >

> Yes, we know that this is what *should* be done. Can you suggest a work
> flow that would ensure that these requirements are fulfilled please?
>
> > * Any individual shouldn't add his name in the list for the sake of
> > up-to-date provider list. He should ask any of the his regional
> > ambassador if he/she is interested.
>
> What list are we referring to here? The Local Contacts list, or the
> vendors' list? Can you also be more specific about what you mean by
> "regional ambassador". Do you mean "regional mentor"?
>
> Thanks,
> regards,
> Ankur

Sorry, I couldn't catch you early.

What list are we referring to here? The Local Contacts list, or the
vendors' list? Can you also be more specific about what you mean by
"regional ambassador". Do you mean "regional mentor"?

I am referring to the single media provider list. I think a regional
ambassador and mentor would look same in the media provider list as people
would be concerned about who can give or help us get the media. So, for
country Alpha there will be a list of individuals A, B, C, D ... who can
provide or help to get media and it doesn't matter if that individual is a
mentor, ambassador or just a usual user.

Maintenance / Update of media provider list should be done by active
ambassador(s) from that country so, we can ask someone in case of any
complaints against media providers.

*User's Prespective:*
For users they should see a neat and "verified" list of persons listed under
countries. They may chose anyone and volunteer can also update their
availability chances/status next to their name and contact info. User should
be told clearly how to escalate in case of no response from the volunteer.
--

Mustafa Qasim
Fedora Ambassador Pakistan