[Ambassadors] emea-fedora mailing list ?

Caius 'kaio' Chance kaio at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 10 10:14:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Hi neighbours,
>
> Don't you think that creating an EMEA mailing list wouldn't help
> organizing?
> I personally think that EMEA decisions could be roughly (at least)
> done in the mailing list, as attending the weekly meeting is quite
> hard for many peoples.
> This would reduce the ambassadors' mailing list flow. This could also
> be done in other regions. Of course, we won't forget to cc-ing the
> general ambassador mailing list for important information.
>
> An other idea would be to use a regional tag in all our emails, by
> including [EMEA], [APAC]...
> At this stage, it is quite hard to filter this mailing list.

I had introduced tag to categorize the different types of topics (dev, l10n,
announcements, etc) in chinese-list. Unfortunately, people are not keen to
follow the use of tag according to our experience.

FYI, I have created ANZ-list for Australia + New Zealand, but it is a
general non-FAm-only list. I support your idea to only CC important
information to main FAm-ilst.

K410
--
Regards ☺ Caius 'kaio' Chance