[Ambassadors] emea-fedora mailing list ?

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:06:43 UTC 2010

Em Sex, 2010-12-10 às 12:39 +0200, Pierros Papadeas escreveu:
> It would be good though to have a tag like [EMEA] [NA] etc in cases of
> reminders and region-specific notes that we would like not to bother
> the whole list. Those tags should not be enforced but just advised to
> be used.

One of the things we need to define is if when using tags we will be
allowed to use languages other than English. From my experience in LATAM
I know that many people won't be able or won't feel comfortable to
engage into a thread in English. On the other hand having messages in
other languages here doesn't meet the purposes of the list.

IMHO regional mailing lists and a tagging system can coexist. The
mailing lists could be used for region-specif matters and tags for
announcements and reminders.

Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil)