[Ambassadors] emea-fedora mailing list ?

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:29:20 UTC 2010

Em Sex, 2010-12-10 às 18:36 +0100, Joerg Simon escreveu:
> Am 10.12.2010 18:06, schrieb Igor Pires Soares:
> > One of the things we need to define is if when using tags we will be
> > allowed to use languages other than English.
>
> On the Fedora Ambassador List we use our common language anyway.
> We have some regional lists - where also Ambassador stuff is discussed -
> i read the india and the brazil lists to be informed what is going on
> over there - it is always a balance-act between fragmentation and too
> much information on a global list.
>
> Personally i prefer to work on a common list with a common language and
> common values.

I totally agree. That would be the perfect situation. Unfortunately,
many folks are not able to express their thoughts in a common language,
so we have the challenge of spreading our common values through
different languages. Regional mailing lists and websites are a few ways
we use to achieve that, although they are really not the optimal ones.

> I consider me a active EMEA Member, i never felt the need for a extra
> Ambassador list for EMEA - i think it is ok to use [APAC], [EMEA], [NA],
> [LATAM] on the subject line concerning regional topics - but would not
> encourage a rule to enforce it.

+1

Having a mailing list or not depends on the necessity and cultural
aspects. Having one for each region shouldn't be a rule either. We can
use them only where is necessary as well as the tags in the subject
line.

--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil)