[Ambassadors] Fedora 15 Ambassadors' Schedule Draft

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 18:12:39 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 03:29 AM, Pierros Papadeas wrote:
> Hello all Ambassadors!
>
> Starting from the previous release circle, our group (Ambassadors) has
> its own Tasks Schedule in relation to the general Release Schedule.
> The current one (targeting Fedora 15) can be found here [1]
>
> It seems that last year's tasks where not all achieved on time (some
> of them not at all).
> I still believe that with a little coordination from our side (FAmSCo)
> we can achieve all the goals on time.
>
> I would like to know if there are any suggestions for alternations of
> tasks or milestones, that we could discuss here.
> After a period of two weeks or so, we will finalize the schedule
> (through FAmSCo) and I will personally make sure to enforce it
> appropriately :)
> (Get ready for some nudging!)
>
> The only ambiguous  task seems to be the "Regional IRC calls" one that
> I suggest we remove (we already have those meetings regularly)
The original purpose, though never really followed through on, for
having "regional IRC sessions" on the schedule was to ensure that there
was at least one or two meetings folks could attend to learn about
Features going into the upcoming release, get briefed on where  and what
types of Marketing collateral was available.  In a nutshell: Make it
very easy for Ambassadors to get all the information they would need
about an upcoming release to be ready for $anything (release parties,
conferences, blogs, etc.)

I still think it is a good idea, but of course, it's up to FAmSCo if
they'd like to pursue actually doing the IRC sessions.

One suggestion would be to have a basic set of SOPs describing what some
of these tasks are and how they are done (or if they've never been done,
what the basic intent was.)  I'd be happy to help out with that if there
are tasks that are ambiguous, either in owner or in description of the
actual work.

> It terms of timing, tasks seem reasonable.
> Also, tasks are grouped into "Phases" to be in sync with the rest of
> Release Tasks Schedule.
>
> Keep in mind that this is a work in progress and we will inform for
> any major alternations (if they occur) :)
Once you have finalized any changes you'd like, please let the
Ambassadors' list know and I can adjust the schedule accordingly.
(Alternately, if there are no changes, that's a helpful thing to know as
well - that way I don't go wondering what I missed :D)

Thanks!

-Robyn