[Ambassadors] What's really needed to be an Ambassador?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Dec 15 00:25:45 UTC 2010

ons 2010-12-15 klockan 03:42 +0530 skrev Buddhika Kurera:

> Ambassadors is a group having some responsibilities. if any individual
> need to support fedora and he is not like to follow rules and be with
> the community they still can do contribute fedora. There is no need to
> get a title to promote fedora.

Agreed.

To me the Ambassador title is mainly a recognition that this person
knows Fedora and the goals and values of Fedora, in addition to being
interested and capable in spreading the word.

> What i feel is, Ambassadors should always have to follow a guide,
> presenting to meetings,
> update the community with what they are doing, KIT are really matter.
> If they not like to be
> in that professional they can leave the group and do their promotions.

Imho this guide already exists as the Ambassadors Code of Conduct
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct

And to support that we also have a quite extensive FAQ covering many
topics https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_FAQ

But I would add one item to Code of Conduct

Spread the word
Try to spread the word of Fedora when suitable opportunity is given

Others can probably come up with a better wording, but I think you get
the idea.

Regards
Henrik