[Ambassadors] Event report: Fedora 14 lunch in Paris

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 17 14:39:08 UTC 2010

Hi there !

I am happy to announce you that we had a release party on Saturday
December 4th in Paris!
There where about 70 people, 2 talks (Puppet and LaTeX) and one
workshop (our accessibility group manage to fill some Paris
OpenStreetMap datas).
We were also interviewed by a french radio during more than 1 hour
about Open Source, GNU/Linux and Fedora.

We distributed many Live CD and dispatch many other to french
ambassadors (about 300 Live CD). Pictures could be seen here[1] and
there[2].

Our goal was to interact with interested people, to install Fedora
when they brought their laptop or showing them how to make a LiveUSB
(and how to use it).

We also had people interested in OLPC, it was a pleasure to explain
the project, speak about the XO, and of course Sugar on a stick!

For this event, Renaudt has joined us. It is studying communications,
therefor we had some good tools:
* The event page[3] was there to organize the event,
* The communications plan[4] was there to focus our communication
* we have just added the results of our communications plan on its page[4]

We also wrote a press release targeting the written press, and a press
kit which was sent to very famous french blogs (followed by *many*
peoples). Alright, we sent this too late to be very efficient, but we
have got the template for next release!

Next time, we will start communicating 3 months before the event,
using a new communications plan based based on this one.
We also plan to have a two days event, where the second day would be
mostly contributors and experienced users oriented.

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/56646296@N06/sets/72157625401325229/with/5231690604/
[2] http://www.flickr.com/photos/22290618@N08/sets/72157625403346125/with/5232555952/
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Rencontres_Fedora_14_%C3%A0_Universciences
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communications%2Bplan%2BF14