[Ambassadors] [EMEA] Talks for FOSDEM 2011

Bertrand Juglas bertux at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 17 21:55:59 UTC 2010

2010/12/17 Max Spevack <mspevack at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Pierros Papadeas wrote:
>
>> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSDEM_2011_Talk_Propositions
>
> The simple truth is that as of right now, we have very few Fedora talks
> being proposed at FOSDEM.
>
> We've got over 20 people signed up to attend FOSDEM as part of Fedora's
> group, but only two who have indicated on the wiki page that they
> submitted talks -- Jared and Lennart.
>
> There are a ton of categories where Fedora-related talks could be given:
>
> Perl
> Open Source Telephony
> Virtualization
> Free Java
> Crossdesktop
>
> Is there anyone attending FOSDEM who would like to submit a talk that
> fits into one of these categories, and that can be (in part) about
> Fedora?
>
> I'm willing to help anyone who wants to give a talk put one together, if
> they need advice on how to structure a talk, what points to make, etc.
Hello,
I'm trying to setup a Fedora 14 server for OS-level virtualization
using LXC but i've not found yet many docs about it and it's not so
easy to configure to make it work great.
I've already use older Fedora to setup KVM as platform virtualization
to avoid Windows using physically all the machine.
So i would be interested to talk about my Virtualization experience on
Fedora, but i've never done talks before so that's why i've not
submited any talk because i feel it would be too difficult for me
alone to prepare such a talk.
But i was amazed about Max's talk during RMLL 2009, he has replied my
many questions about virtualization and netbook too.
His presentation of Fedora Project motivated me to become a Fedora
Ambassador as I am now :)
So if Max agree to help me put together a talk about Fedora
virtualization features, i would be glad to submit it and do it if
selected.
Now, i'm waiting for Max answer.
Thank you for your attention.