[Ambassadors] Another subtle blow on Software Freedom?

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 19 18:44:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 19:09 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
[... snip ...]
> Has any one been through this?  How does an Ambassador deal with this?

By explaining the **facts** and what you believe is possible to do,
trying not to forget the drawbacks of each option.

Your job as an ambassador is to advocate objectively for Fedora and Free
software. In the end, it is the user that has to make his own choice.

That being said, I'm glad this never happened to me, I would be very
embarrassed explaining that the user might have to choose between using
Fedora and keeping on being able to use the Windows recovery installer.

Hopefully this recovery partition is useless as the person was sold the
computer with a Windows restauration CD.

Cheers,

--
Mathieu