[Ambassadors] When you are at an event...

Gerold Kassube gerold at lugd.org
Sun Feb 7 21:09:32 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag, den 07.02.2010, 22:00 +0100 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> Am Sonntag, den 07.02.2010, 21:21 +0100 schrieb Gerold Kassube:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > (from somebody who attend FOSDEM)
> >
> > Yeaaaah, I agree with you in general, but let me clarify some things:
> > 1.) It's an easy way "from outside" to put up your finger and point it
> > so somebody ...
> > 2.) Who is the Sheriff in that case?
> >
> > Just to let you know or many readers know, it was a "Policy" from my
> > point of view as an event-owner for Linuxtag (Germany) and to be honest;
> > on Linuxtag it works because I personally kicked off every person with
> > his private Laptop at the booth; also the FPL and the First FPL :-) You
> > can ask them (if you don't believe).
>
> So you think a policy only works if there is somebody (you?) to enforce
> it? I still believe that our ambassadors are smart enough to understand
> and follow such a policy even if there is no "sheriff".
^^
As said, I can only speak for the event I "own"; and I only talked about
Linuxtag my friend ..
And btw. it has nothing to do with me personaly or my person :-)

So because you are complaining there seems to be a need for a person
(however you call it), or why you are complaining?

> > Also to be honest; FOSDEM is as it said the name Free and Open Source
> > Developer European Meeting
> >
> > There is and should be time to meet, time to hack and also time to
> > discuss. Who never been there, please come once, see it and go ahead
> > raise up your finger complaining ...
> > Please not earlier; thanks :-)
>
> I have been there last year, so am I qualified to speak up?
^^
Yes why not?
As I said/wrote: "Who never been there ..."

> All I wanted to say: The time at an event is to short. Use it wisely.
> Package updates are a pretty boring task. Better use your time to attend
> a talk, a hackfest, to talk to people that you only meet rarely or to
> help at the Fedora booth. And if you help out at the booth, be there for
> visitors and not for your laptops.
>
> > BTW.: I sit close to that people who reviewed packages: In the HACKROOM
> > (This was not done at the booth!
>
> As I wrote in my mail there were complaints about Fedora people just
> sitting and hacking at their booth. Please read the #fedora-de log of
> today if you don't believe me.
^^
I believe you, be sure. You're a really great contributor.

Bye

Gerold