[Ambassadors] Meeting Minute: FAmSCo Town Hall 2010-02-08

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:16:42 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 09.02.2010, 18:50 +0100 schrieb Matthias Kranz:
> On 02/09/2010 06:12 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Currently Red Hat seems to try to cut costs at the expense of their employees and the
> > Fedora community. This will not work out, it's cutting off their nose to spite their face!
>
> Christoph,
>
> what does you lead to the perception that "Red Hat is cutting costs at
> the expense of their employees and the Fedora community"?

Two facts:
     1. Red Hat has cut support for certain Fedora related projects.
     2. Nearly all Red Hat people I work with don't respond to issues or
        bug reports in a timely manner and seem to be overworked.

> And second question: Did you recently look at the financial numbers of
> Novell?

No I didn't. It's not about the numbers of Novell but about how they
support the OpenSUSE community. And from an outsiders POV (I'm not into
SUSE) it looks like they get far more support.

And last but not least it's not (only) about money, about the commitment
of the company, but about personal commitment of people.

> Matthias

Regards,
Christoph