[Ambassadors] Meeting Minute: FAmSCo Town Hall 2010-02-08

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:46:24 UTC 2010

Thanks a lot for your message Paul!

Am Mittwoch, den 10.02.2010, 13:25 -0500 schrieb Paul W. Frields:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:28:22AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 10.02.2010, 10:34 +0100 schrieb Matthias Kranz:
> > > I really don't know what you mean here. What bottlenecks are you
> > > referring to? And it sounds as if you extend the discussion to a wider
> > > field than before?
> >
> > Not sure what Sascha means, but I think I pointed out some of the
> > bottlenecks in my first mail or in the townhall meeting.
> >
> > But I forgot a group that is not supporting the spins: The board.  I was
> > told that the board decided that there will be no spins media due to the
> > limited budget.  Max on the other hand said will take the money for  the
> > media directly from the EMEA ambassadors bugdet.  This might be one of
> > the reasons why this request is stuck:  There is a conflict between both
> > decisions.  I wonder why the board never made their decision public and
> > why I had to learn about it from a Red Hat employee.
>
> I am just catching up to this thread, and there are a lot of
> assertions without specifics that are hard to respond to
> constructively.

I think I have named some very specific things in the beginning of this
thread. Please tell me what info you are missing.

> But this one is very easy.
>
> I can assure that at NO time did the Board make any recommendations or
> decisions about budgets for spins media, otherwise it would be
> reflected in our public minutes.  I am not sure from whom you heard
> this, but that statement is entirely inaccurate.  I would invite that
> person, whoever it is, to respond here, or to me privately, and I'd be
> happy to talk about his or her misperception.

I have mailed you the relevant information in private mail.

> [...snip...]
> > > The discussion is going into a wrong direction.
> >
> > +1! I want a constructive discussion instead of threatening people.
>
> As do we all.  Specifics would be helpful in helping to solve
> problems.

Again I'd like to know what you miss. It's all in the previous mail, the
townhall log and in two trac tickets that you should already know
(because you commented in one of them). I also referred to a discussion
that took place on the advisory board list, so I guess you know better
than me.

If you still miss something, please let me know.

Regards,
Christoph