[Ambassadors] Online Vendors List

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:02:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:05:42AM +0100, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Zoltan (and everyone else), could you please follow the mailing-list
> guidelines ?
>
> See specifically the part about top-posting.
>
> 2010/2/18 Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz at gmail.com>:
> > Well, I think you're right - time for clean up, and set an new policy
> > about/around this.
>
> Or maybe just add a mention like "Please report any outdated
> information to <some email>@fedoraproject.org"?
>
> We can't honestly monitor every vendor listed on those pages, and we
> can't enforce a requirement on vendors to keep the information
> updated.
>
> > 2010/2/18 Gerold Kassube <gerold at lugd.org>
> >>
> >> Dear Board,
> >>
> >> hereby I claim that the pages with Online-Vendors like
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung/OnlineVendors will be closed
> >> down because
>
> This page is under a user's page, so it looks to me as temporary.
>
> In the interest of not bringing it upper in search engines than a more
> official one, I suppose you were talking about :
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OnlineVendors
>
> See above for my take on policing it.

I believe Susmit is working on an update that will be a bit more
automated, and could also allow us to (1) inform vendors when a new
release is out, and (2) have a decent chance at better maintenance.

Susmit, I think I'm accurately describing your idea, but please do not
let me make the mistake of committing you to more than you had in
mind.  Please feel free to correct me and explain your efforts better!
:-)