[Ambassadors] Linux Solutions, Paris?

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org
Wed Feb 24 21:53:40 UTC 2010

Le Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:14:27 +0100,
Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> a écrit :

> > > Hi Jeroen,
> > >
> > > Fedora will have a booth there, held by the Fedora-Fr people. So
> > > far not much people are available as you have noticed from the
> > > wiki but of course you are welcome to come :)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pierre
> > ^^
> > Hi Pierre,
> >
> > how many attendees will this show have in total? Afair there was a
> > number approx. 100.000; right?
> The stats from last year are:
> • 155 Exhibiting Companies
> • 65 Associations
> • 8458 Visitors
>
> > How many -not speak French- Ambassador do you need
> > to be there and run the booth?
> I will forward this question to the mailing-list. I personally have
> never been there and won't be this year again.

Hey,

Just to let you know that this event is very French centric... Speaking
French is _highly_ recommended.

This event is completely different from FOSDEM for example where
communities from Europe come to meet. Here, French communities only
with French visitors... this looks like a bit like the even Max came to
last summer.

As you wish by the way, i'm not able to attend this year event
unfortunately.

Thomas