[Ambassadors] Was this anyone we know?

Justin O'Brien three at threethirty.us
Sat Feb 27 21:43:53 UTC 2010

I just read this blog post[0] and wondered if the person may be an
ambassador.

**short version** guy calls ATT&T because of a DSL issue.  The Tech
Support person spoke an "Indian dialect with a distinct southern US
drawl"

This is the best part:

'“Please say you are using Fedora.”  I chimed in with a “Sorry, using
Kubuntu.” He chuckled then said, “Some people will never learn.” We shot
little jabs back and forth at each other having a bit of fun while he
was doing a modem test.'

This is the kind of thing that believe it or not will get people from
inside the GNU/Linux community to switch to Fedora. May not go over so
well with non-free OS users but inside the community I have found that
comedy is a great marketing tool.

--three

[0] http://blog.nixternal.com/2010.02.18/please-say-fedora/