[Ambassadors] Are ambassadors happy with range voting for FAmSCo?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Jan 1 19:59:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, inode0 wrote:

> Perhaps we can address some of the more cosmetic suggestions made in
> this thread as well. These are all very minor things. I can write up a
> new proposed wiki page but I think making these changes is something
> FAmSCo can approve or not for future elections without any big fuss.

This seems like a good idea to me.  Let's get a proposal up, have some
conversation, and eventually come to something that FAMSCO can +1 but
that will be able to satisfy two sets of people:

(1) The people who don't have any issue with the current FAMSCO
elections -- we want to make sure that we don't create new problems.

(2) The people who have suggestions about how we can improve things --
we want to make sure that we are addressing concerns.

I also think that once we +1 something, we should also agree that we
won't revisit the issue for 2 elections, so that we can make the reforms
needed, and then move on to other things.

Thanks for your work, John.

--Max