[Ambassadors] Are ambassadors happy with range voting for FAmSCo?

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:04:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My proposed changes are reflected here now.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/Rules
>
> Really the changes I've suggested are very very minor. I want the
> discussion of matters of timing to be less specific so that scheduling
> the general elections can be done smoothly without worrying about the
> specific details of X has to he 2 days before Y for the FAmSCo
> election and so on. I propose that we keep nominations on the wiki in
> the order they were made and I reworded a couple of things without
> changing any substance.
>
> If there are any questions please feel free to ask.
>
> John

I took the time to read the page, I found one thing that I may add.

I copied this paragraph from wiki:
"Candidates must self-nominate before the close of the announced
nomination period by appending their information into the wiki (Fedora
account, email and irc nick, statement of past contributions and what
they hope to accomplish while a member of FAmSCo) after any existing
nominations."

I may add at the end:
"Edition to the self nomination details will be close at the same time
that nomination period ends"

This is to avoid some one to wrote only his or her name just before
closing, and later wrote a statement.

This is just my opinion. I can understand that this may sound trivial
to others and therefore not taken into account.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217