[Ambassadors] Various updates for all regions

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 15:27:56 UTC 2010

>> (3) Planning continues for the
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010
>>
>> This FAD is not meant to be the place where specific events are planned,
>> but rather it's an opportunity to make sure that all the processes
>> around events, budget, reimbursements, etc. are clear and up to date,
>> for all regions of the world. At least, that's my goal for the event.
>> Mel Chua is leading the organization of this event. Remote participation
>> will definitely be possible via IRC and gobby, and I think that
>> Ambassadors all over the world will be interested in the results.

Just a quick update on this : we have quick planning meetings (the last
one took 10 minutes) on IRC in #fudcon-planning from 1700-1800 UTC
(noon-1pm EST) on Mondays and 2100-2200 UTC (4-5pm EST) on Thursdays
(our old FUDCon organizers meeting time).

It's at the end of the month (starts 1/29) so if you're interested in
attending either in-person or remotely, we need to know ASAP - ping the
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fudcon-planning list if
you're interested. I'm guessing it'll be particularly helpful to have
remote Ambassadors coming in to test and give feedback on the last day
(Sunday) of the sprint - you folks are the experts on Events, after all.

</soapbox>

--Mel