[Ambassadors] EMEA media distribution

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 2 16:19:04 UTC 2010

Am 02.07.2010 17:31, schrieb Sascha Thomas Spreitzer:
> You are welcome!
> As well as there is much media with Felix now, who can ship it while I
> am away for just 3 weeks.

My question was not intended to ask about handling of emergency requests
through Felix - it was that the larger amount of all medias is still
left on stock for another 3 weeks.

People need to get the hands on that media asap.
The distribution will not happen this time based on major Events and
there is also not a "pick up" solution - like Fosdem - this time.

The solution to get them out of stock fast is, to send the media to the
already mentioned regional spots for local distribution among the
Ambassadors as soon as possible to avoid high shipping costs for a lot
small deliveries accross EMEA and to learn that we have not spreaded our
Media fast enough so we have a lot left in the end what is wasting money!

If i read things like this
http://poelcat.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/one-more-month-of-fedora-14-development/
i think it is strange that we all have to wait another 3 weeks to get
hands on them.

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688