[Ambassadors] LinuxCon booth?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:46:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 11:01:22AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> As Ben pointed out, the upcoming LinuxCon event in Boston, MA (USA)
> from August 10-12 has been on the events schedule for a while without
> an owner:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q2_.28June_2010_-_August_2010.29
>
> I just got a note from the Linux Foundation's events director that
> they are giving the Fedora Project a complimentary booth.  I've also
> received a PDF with full details on space and setup.
>
> Is there anyone in the vicinity interested in staffing such a booth?

And to sweeten the pot... :-) Tom 'spot' Callaway has said he'll be
happy to own LinuxCon, but would definitely welcome one or more
co-owners.  Spot's a fun guy to hang with, to which anyone who knows
him will attest.

Spot has media on the way from Clint 'herlo' Savage, and I've hooked
him up with Ben Williams to arrange for Event Box, banners, etc.

I've marked the [[Events]] page on the wiki accordingly, and left an
invitation for co-ownership.