[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:08:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 07:50:48PM +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> Dear Ambassadors,
>
> let´s welcome our new sponsored Ambassador Group Member:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jsmith from the USA
> mentored by Paul Frields

During the first few months of my new position at Red Hat, my
responsibilities include assisting Jared Smith, and making sure we
smoothly transition the FPL job duties to their new owner.  So this is
a very logical role for me, thanks to FAmSCo and the Ambassadors!

Some people have referred to the FPL as "Ambassador #1."  While that
has some truth, because the FPL is a very visible spokesperson, it's
also important to note that our Ambassador community is *full* of
great spokespersons.  Part of the FPL's job is to recognize them and
give them the tools they need to excel.

Another part of the FPL's job is to make sure that the next FPL does
so, too!  I expect Jared will need very little help there, because
he's very tuned in to appreciating and enabling our community.  But
regardless, I'll do my best to pass on the excellent values of our
Ambassador community.  Yay team! :-)

--
Paul