[Ambassadors] FUDCon Santiago 2010 Flickr group.

Daniel Bruno danielbruno at projetofedora.org
Wed Jul 21 04:56:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:31:39PM -0300, Rafael Gomes wrote:
>> Eduardo,
>>
>> Great FUDCon! Better than FUDCon Brazil, in the last year. I hope in
>> the next FUDCon Brazil we can improve it.
>>
>> May be you can help us.  :-)
>>
>> Unfortunately I could not go :(
>
> At every regional FUDCon we try to improve the way the event works,
> and increase the number of people included to participate.  When the
> planning starts for the next FUDCon in LATAM, we should take stock of
> what worked well, and what didn't work well, at this FUDCon.  Then we
> can look at specific ways to improve the event.

In the last night at Chile, me Toshio and Igor we discuss about the
positives and negatives obtained in FUDCon in Santiago 2010 and Brazil
2009.

> I believe that planning should be done openly and transparently using
> the fudcon-planning list, which was set up for this purpose.  And if I
> were Max, who pays the largest portion of the costs for FUDCon, I
> would want to see those plans on the list as well.  The entire
> community is welcome to participate in this work, and that openness
> helps us do the best possible job at putting on better and better
> FUDCon events.

We created a page[1] on wiki to post these results and compares them
with the FUDCon held in NA.

Based in these data and experiences to plan better and more clearly
the next FUDCons Latin America.

I believe in some days this full report will be available in English,
Spanish and Portuguese for analysis all.

> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>          Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Santiago_2010_Wrapup

Thanks,