[Ambassadors] EMEA Ambassadors, please stand up for media distribution

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 24 13:55:43 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 24.07.2010, 15:50 +0300 schrieb Arthur Buliva:
> I get the same error even when viewing your own ticket :-(

Hi Arthur,

I guess this is a permission problem. In order to protect privacy,
people are only allowed to see their own tickets or tickets that are
assigned to the. I cannot see your ticket and you cannot see mine. Can
you see

> Anyway this is what I would like to order for Kenya:
>
>  Gnome-Live - 15
>  KDE-Live - 15
>  Install i386 DVD - 30
>  Install x64 DVD - 30

I think you should request more. We have a special set of 1000
additional media only for Africa. Here in Europe most people have high
speed internet, so they can download Fedora and we only use the labeled
media for promotion on events.

In Africa things are different:
      * People don't have high speed internet and therefor I think it's
        ok to distribute media without having an official event. I'm
        sure people are curious to try them.
      * We don't have a big community in Africa yet. I have been talking
        to Twohot recently and he told me that the reason for Ubuntu
        being so popular there is their free media program. Our free
        media currently cannot compete with that, so we should take some
        of the event media.

This being said I really think you should request more. I have already
volunteered to send Twohot 200 Media (I will pay for shipping, it's not
that expensive) and I can send you the same amount. Do you think you
could spend 200 media wisely in a manner that will help Fedora to spread
in Africa?

Regards,
Christoph

P.S.: What I have written about Africa also applies to parts of Asia and
we if we all agree to what I said we should think about enlarging this
to Asia.