[Ambassadors] anger and FOSS

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 27 10:29:41 UTC 2010

Dear Fellows,

as Ambassadors we are exposed to the public more than all the other
contributors within the Fedora Project - therefore we are commited to
our special Code of Conduct - i know that sometimes frictions are not
avoidable - it is the way how we deal with it!

Spot wrote a very interesting Article about "anger and FOSS"

and made some very valuable points:

"Angry people are poisonous people. Sometimes, they can calm down and
become productive people, but almost no one is useful and productive
when they're angry. This is why snark isn't useful or productive. It's
why no one wins a shouting match, ever. When it comes to FOSS, which is
largely a meritocracy, when you're angry, you're not able to earn
respect or credibility."

http://spot.livejournal.com/314645.html

a very interesting read.

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688